Sunday, December 25, 2011
Wow, the holidays really got the best of me. I completely forgot to post the December newsletter and update the upcoming events section. At least it is STILL December!
Murfreesboro Art League Newsletter December
Woo hoo – We have new officers for the 2012 year! They are as follows:
President – Nanette Mathe
Vice President – Debbie Haggard
Treasurer – Phyllis Razo
Recording Secretary – Katheryn Carroll
Corresponding Secretary – Suzanne LeBeau
Other “at large” board members are Bobbie Ventura, Claire Smith, and Clarice Nelson.
Monday night, Dec. 5: We will be decorating for the Christmas at Cannonsburgh event this weekend. Bring winter or Christmas themed paintings if you have them.
Christmas at Cannonsburgh will be this Friday and Saturday from 6-9. We need people to make/bring goodies. We also need workers to help serve hot cider and chocolate.
Nanette has been working hard on submitting grants for projects and equipment for next year. She has sent a proposal to Nissan for our murals in the schools project and one for a projector to the electric company. She is also working with a company called USA funding, which submits our grants to several different companies. She also diverted a SCAM artist!
· Clayboard/scratchboard, black or white (B about $7.00)
· Image of each artist’s choice.
· Transfer paper that will show up on your scratchboard (if you wish) with hard pencil or ball point to transfer image or soft pastel pencil if you prefer free hand drawing.
· India ink pen to correct mistakes. Speedball pen holder $1.65 (B)
·Etching tools: you can use xacto knifes, pins, scraper tools, etching tools, engraving tools, stylus. Different tools to “scratch” the surface.
Also recommended: 112 and 113 flat cutters $1.55 each (B) and Prisma color brush top marker(India ink pen) $2.49 (B)
Note: If you want, acrylics, oils, colored pencils can be used to color the etching, or the black and white image can be photocopied and you can make hand colored limited edition prints.
Important dates to remember:
· Dec. 5 – Decorate gallery for Christmas at Cannonsburgh
· Dec. 9 & 10 – Help at Christmas at Cannonsburgh from 6-9 pm
· Dec. 12 – Christmas Party
Interesting stuff :
· Here’s a cool site that I found: http://festivalnet.com/state/tennessee/tn.html It tells about all the upcoming music, arts, etc festivals in the surrounding area.
You are receiving this e-mail because you expressed an interest in MAL (Murfreesboro Art League.) If you wish to be removed from the mailing list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by MAL-Murfreesboro Art League