Monday, September 9, 2013

September classes

Don't forget Mark Jackson's acrylic classes start tonight and continue on the 16th and 23rd.  All Monday night classes run from 7-9, but get there a little early to get things set up.  Here's Mark's supplies - below.

Beginning Monday, September 9th Mark Jackson will be teaching acrylic classes. He has asked us to bring the following:
 
 
Canvases: three 8x10s

Paints:
Cadmium White
Ultramarine Blue
Cobalt Blue
Burnt Umber
Burnt Sienna
Cadmium Yellow
Cadmium Red
Yellow Ochre
Phthalo Green (probably what I have will do the whole class)

Brushes: they can be old watercolor brushes or old (clean) oil brushes.
Just a small assortment of flats and rounds.
3/4" flat
1/2" flat
#2 round
#6 bristle fan

Pencil, Kneaded Eraser, Transfer Paper, Scotch Tape, Paper Towels, Spray Bottle, Trash Bag

Something to put your paints on.  

I use a 12" x 20" x 2" porcelain pan.  When I am through painting for the day I can slip it into a trash bag and fold it down over the end and my paint does not dry out and I am not putting out new paint every time I start. As of this evening I have paint in my pan wet for over 3 weeks.