Saturday, May 31, 2014
Murfreesboro Art League Newsletter – June 2014
The ROTUNDA show is in full swing. The reception has been moved to Thursday, June 12 from 4:30 to 6 pm. All participating artists are asked to attend the reception if possible and bring snacks/finger foods. Drinks and plates/napkins are provided. Rotunda take-down will occur on Friday, June 20 from 2-4 pm.
June classes – We will not have an actual teacher for JUNE. Instead, we will have open studio time, where you can work on your own projects from 7-9 pm on each Monday night and socialize with other artists.
July Classes – We will have “free paint” or open studio time on July 7, since so many will be gone for the 4th of July weekend. On July 14 and 20, Joabe will be teaching oil pastels. A supply list will be emailed at a later date.
Linebaugh Library Artist of the Month:
June’s Artist of the Month will be our founder, Clarice Nelson.
In other news:
We need people to sign up for the weekend slots. Remember that everyone has a busy weekend schedule, including the board members, who also put in hours in meetings and planning in addition to the weekends. It is easy and fun. You get to meet people from all around the world who are visiting Murfreesboro and work on your art, read or chat! Each member of the art league is required to work at least one 3 hour shift per month. This way, we can keep our membership dues LOW, since we do not have to hire a curator. (I estimated hours if we had to hire one. It would cost us each about $100 more per year if we have to go this route!)
Uncle Dave Macon Days – July 11-13
We already have a list of who has said they can help. Please add these dates to the calendar. Remember, July is a busy month, so we will be asking people to work one other date in July BESIDES the Dave Macon weekend.
Sam Davis Home Juried Art Show
The Sam Davis Art show was a lot of fun. The following members had art that was juried into the show: Phyllis Razo, Suzanne LeBeau, Carol Berning, and Heloise Shilstat. Funds raised went to help support the Sam Davis Home and Museum. Phyllis sold a piece!
Dates to remember:
· June 2, 9, 16, and 23 – Open studio time for members 7-9 Monday evenings. No teacher this month.
· June 12 – Rotunda reception, 4:30-6 pm at City Hall Rotunda
· June 20 – Rotunda take-down from 2-4 pm
· June 23 – member business meeting –location TBD!
· June 30 – “Eatin’ Meetin” Bring goodies and any art you want to show off or have critiqued.Here are some pics from the current ROTUNDA show. Click the link for some, but not all of the pictures. Exhibits in the Rotunda are free and open to the public between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for observed holidays. City Hall is located at 111 West Vine Street, Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
Posted by MAL-Murfreesboro Art League