Thursday, July 28, 2016
August 2016 News
Hi guys and gals! Here’s what is going on at MAL in the next month or so.
· August classes and meetings:
o Aug 1st Carol Nesvik Charcoal “rub-out”drawing A paper will be covered with charcoal by Carol in advance. We will use various tools to rub out the parts we want to be white. Cost $2 for materials supplied. If you have a kneaded eraser or electric eraser, you can bring those, too.
o Aug 8th Clarice and Phyllis drawing. Join our founder Clarice Nelson and Phyllis Razo as they teach us some techniques for better drawing practices.
o Aug 15th Ted and Clarice color pencil. Past president Ted Stanley and founder Clarice Nelson will help us learn the color mixing and blending effects you can get with colored pencils.
o Aug 22 – regular members’ business meeting
o Aug 29 – Eatin’ Meetin’ – Bring finger foods and some art you’ve done recently to share and/or have it critiqued if you want.
· Aug 6 – Read to Succeed (back to school event) wants help with Face Painting from 10-1 (set-up at 9) in Cannonsburgh. We NEED some volunteers! Email Suzanne if interested. email@example.com
· Tues, Aug 9 – “Bottoms” meeting – The city of Murfreesboro is having a meeting about how to improve our “Bottoms” areas. (They are talking about the low-lying areas around the river/creek system – including Cannonsburgh.) We need representatives. It will be at Patterson Park Community Center.
· The August Boro Art Crawl will be on Fri, Aug 12 from 6-9 pm. We need people who can bring snacks (small finger foods), work the gallery, and/or paint. We have a door prize again. I will also post this on Facebook, so please send the invitations out to your friends or share the posts. Mention that YOU are a part of this and get some of them to come visit you!
· Aug 20 – Wild Arts Day out at Barfield Crescent park. We’ll do face painting and show off our paintings/photos of NATURE items. Interested: Suzanne, maybe Norma and Janice.
Mark your calendars!
· Sept 5 – NO meeting: Labor Day
· Sept 12 and 19 will be paper mosaics with Heloise Shilstat. This time, we will do a special watercolor base with the project, too. More details next month.
· Sept 24 Girl Scout lock-in event at Stone’s River Mall from 9 pm to 1 am– painting on canvas bags or similar craft.
· You should have received clickable Aug calendar for working. Please sign up quickly!
· We need to switch out art. Please bring 5 new items (Well, new to us. J )We will hang and arrange new items at 5 pm on Aug 8. All new work should be brought BEFORE that date. (on Aug. 1) Remember: Members need to also WORK a slot at the gallery on weekends.
· Parking: We will still be parking in the village but will follow safety issues for fire trucks. Do not park on any sidewalk. Don’t park on the inner circle, so truck can get through. Don’t park past end of building by garden, so fire truck can get to the hydrant.
· Norma and Mark have free stuff: tole mags, old books and glass.
· Phyllis will show her work at Weirchert Realtors / The Andrews Group in Murfreesboro from now until the end of August.
· Phyllis and Suzanne have works going up at Springhouse Theater in Smyrna from mid August to Nov. 15.
· Interested in pushing your art a little further? Gayle Levee has her upcoming Fall and winter schedule here: http://gaylelevee.com/classes.html. Check it out!
· If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Suzanne (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please let me know.
Posted by MAL-Murfreesboro Art League