Thursday, March 13, 2014
I apologize for missing Feb, but life got crazy there for a while.
Murfreesboro Art League Newsletter – March 2014
It is DUES time again! If you haven’t already paid, we are asking everyone to pay ASAP! Dues are $50 – family, $45 – individual, $35 – senior, and $25 students.
Linebaugh Library Artist of the Month:
March will be colored pencil artist Ted Stanley.
March class will be flexible
Are you ready to stretch your creative muscles? Come make some abstracts with Suzanne. NOTE: DATE CHANGE due to bad weather! It will skip the first Monday of the month! We will be working mostly in acrylics, but for week 3, if you want to change to a different medium, that is up to you. Supply list is in the right column.
In other news:
A big thank you goes out to Carol Nesvik for the scratchboard classes last month!
Our spring show will start on Pioneer Days – April 26. Start painting those spring topics. We will be doing “gallery” style hanging, so we will need many more paintings. We will hang on Mar 24, 31 and Apr 5. We will hang them on Apr 12 from 10-12.
Cannonsburgh will be having another yard sale on March 29, so save your stuff. Please let Suzanne know if you are planning to do this BEFORE MARCH 12. If we do not have interest, we need to let Cannonsburgh know that we are not participating.
The Murfreesboro Symphony Orchestra will be hosting a special children’s event, with hands on activities, awards and music. We have been asked to host an art table for about an hour at 10 am on Sat, March 8. Phyllis and Suzanne did this last year, and it was a lot of fun! If you are interested in helping, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any old books you’d like to donate, please put them in our library. WHAT? You didn’t know we had a library?? It is in the chair closet. Books may be checked out for a $5 deposit which will be returned when the book is brought back.
There is an art event at the old Hickory Hollow Mall called “Crawl the Mall” on Mar 15. Phyllis has pieces in there!
Dates to remember:
· March 10, 17 & 24 – Abstracts with Suzanne LeBeau
· March 8 – Symphony Children’s event
· March 31 – monthly meeting AND Eatin’ Meetin’
Supplies for abstracts:
· Week 1: 2 Canvas boards or stretched canvases at least 8x10
· Acrylic paints (ok to use craft paints) I’ll have some to use, too.
· We’ll have various acrylic mediums to test/try out.
· Brushes, paper towels, palette (or plate)
· laser (not ink jet) image or photo that you don’t mind ruining (We’ll have some extras, too.)
· $ love offering to help offset expenses
· Week 2: Piece started last week OR 1 canvas board or stretched canvas
· Small items (old jewelry, metal bits, etc) you might want to add
· Week 3: Use whatever medium / supplies you prefer
You are receiving this e-mail because you expressed an interest in MAL (Murfreesboro Art League.) If you wish to be removed from the mailing list, contact email@example.com.
Posted by MAL-Murfreesboro Art League