Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Murfreesboro Art League
October 2018 NEWS
NOTE: The Murfreesboro Art Gallery is OPEN to the public on Saturdays, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm and Sunday, 1:00 to 4:00 pm thru November (unless Cannonsburgh Historic Village closes for Weddings or special events), and open on Monday nights 7:00 to 9:00 pm. The gates will be open for parking in the Village on Monday nights 30 minutes prior to events. Do not park on any sidewalk. Do not park on the inner circle or past end of garden, so fire trucks can get through to hydrants.
> October 1st is Torn Paper Class with Heloise. Supplies listing has been posted as a blog on the murfreesboroartleague.blogspot.com. October 8th and 15th are gouache painting with Carol Berning. Supplies list has been posted on the blogspot above. November will be open studio and the Christmas party this year will be held on December 10th.
> Thanks goes out to Heloise for her torn paper classes in September that were enjoyed by our members.
>Thanks to those who have donated money to the Murfreesboro Art League. It is appreciated!!!
>The Murfreesboro Art League business meeting was held on September 24, 2018. Members are welcome to attend the board meeting and then the general business meeting. The next business meeting will be October 22, 2018. The board meets at 6:00 and the regular meeting begins at 7:00 pm. Members have been emailed the current newsletter with more details.
> Everyone is invited to attend a Plein Air Paint-out meeting on Thursday, Sept. 27th at 1:00 pm at the Gallery at Cannonsburg with Shelia and their group to finalize things for the event.
> Come 30 minutes ahead of time on Monday, October 1st to discuss the event at the end of the week. FINAL Things!!!
>Anyone interested in painting at the Plein Air Paint-out, please download the Prospectus on the murfreesboroartleague.blogspot.com . After Friday September 29th, the cost for entering rises from $25.00 to $35.00, so GET YOUR APPLICATIONS AND PAYMENTS TO US. See the Paypal application on the prospectus under the Plein Air tab.
>The Murfreesboro Art League had three tables at The Greenway Festival on September 15, 2018. For those who could not come, you missed a great day. Some artwork was sold by our members and all had a lot of FUN!
>Election time! Officers will be elected at the October business meeting. Our members have lots of talent and we need your talents! Please contact Mark, Suzanne or Kathleen to become an officer of our association.
> The new artwork has been hung at the Gallery – come by and check it out!
>Linebaugh Library Artist for the month of September is Diane Marsella, October is Phyllis Razo, November and December are Mark Jackson.
>Showcase Artist of the Month: August is Bobbie Bittner, September is Reba Hinkle, October is Ted Stanley, and Nov/Dec is Norma Holden.
Dates to remember:
· August 6 – Dirty Pour classes with Dorothy Stevens
· August 13 & 20 – Abstract Acrylic with Suzanne LeBeau
· August 27 – Plein Air Paint-out meeting 5 pm, business meeting- board at 6 pm and regular at 7 pm
· September 10 – Plein Air Paint-out meeting 5 pm
· September 10, 17 and October 1 – Torn Paper Classes with Heloise Shilstat
· September 15 – Greenway Festival
· September 24 – Business meeting – board 6 pm, regular 7 pm
· September 27 – Plein Air Paint out meeting at Gallery, 1:00 pm
· October 8 & 15 – Gouache Painting with Carol Berning
· October 22 - Business meeting – board 6 pm, regular 7 pm
· October 29 – Eatin’ and Greetin’ meeting 7 pm
· November 5, 12, & 19 – Open Studio
· November 26 - Business meeting – board 6 pm, regular 7 pm
· December 3 – Open Studio
· December 10 – Christmas Party
· President-Mark Jackson;
· Vice President-Norma Holden;
· Treasurer-Phyllis Razo;
· Corresponding Secretary-Reba Hinkle
· Recording Secretary - Kylee Harrison.
· Board members are Danny Jones and Bobbie Bittner.
Monday, September 24, 2018
Heloise's torn paper class will be October 1st. This will be the final class.
October 8th, and 15th, will be gouache classes instead of oils. Carol Berning will be teaching these two classes. Below are the materials for the class:
(If people don’t have gouache, they can get an inexpensive set or just a variety of colors.)
If they don’t get a full set, they should get a red, yellow, blue, and white, at the minimum.
In addition to the gouache paints, they should bring:
Heavy drawing paper or watercolor paper
A container to hold water
Some inexpensive watercolor brushes
A couple of reference photos that they like—a landscape or simple still life.
Saturday, September 22, 2018
Monday night, 6 pm at Cannonsburgh, our business meeting and Plein Air Paint-out and Cowboy Gathering meeting. Gates will be open at 5:30 - 6:00 pm to drive back. PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND AND WE NEED OUR MEMBERS AND ANYONE ELSE WILLING TO HELP!!
Monday, September 3, 2018
The PayPal button on the page should be up and running! HURRY - Early birds get a $10 discount!
You can register several ways.
You can register several ways.
- open the prospectus, print it out, attach check and snail mail before Sept 29.
- open prospectus, save it to your computer, fill out, RE-SAVE and email to address in prospectus AND pay via PayPal on the page.
- pay and register AT the event. (not recommended unless emergency)
|Plein Air paint-out page|